Author Topic: Bell Bar Farm and Mark Tarry  (Read 5020 times)

Offline iancashmore

• Opinions on a couple of things
Bell Bar Farm and Mark Tarry
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:39:07 am »
Hi everyone,

my name is Ian Cashmore and I've been researching my family history. I find that Mark Tarry (Terry in the Great Milton baptismal records, TARREY and may other spellings elsewhere) was the occupant of Bell Bar Farm in 1881 (he was also there in 1871 under the name of Terry with my Gx3 Grandmother age 74, but farming only 20 acres). Peter Kingsford has done a lot of excellent work from multiple sources and mentions MT in his book "Victorian lives in North Mymms". I was wondering if anyone had Peter's email address, or if indeed he is part of this forum. A Sam(p)son Dickinson also farmed in Roestock. Sampson married Mark's elder sister Mary. They are my Gx2 Grandparents. I am looking for Mark's father James, a rather elusive character who probably started out in Black Bourton, Oxon and moved east, certainly via Great Milton. James was also a farmer/pig breeder. Can anyone help me with Peter Kingsford's email please, or indicate if he does not like to receive such communications.
Thanks,
Ian Cashmore

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
Re: Bell Bar Farm and Mark Tarry
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:22:42 pm »
Your best course of action is to contact the North Mymms Local History Society, of which Peter Kingsford is president (I think).  According to the www.hertsdirect.org website the email address for contacting the society is david.holford AT inbox.com - substitute @ for AT of course.  This practice is common on this website to foil spammers.  He is the chairman of the society.

Tags: