Author Topic: groom family  (Read 3633 times)

Offline chaoss

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
groom family
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:44:47 pm »
hi am tracing the groom family my relative is william groom the bricklayer and parish clerk in 1850/60 his father is william groom a shoemaker born in 1796/7 in london colney his wife is sarah born in bell bar in 1796/7 i cant seem to go any further back if anyone has any info iesarah madian name were they lived in 1841 cant find them on the census i know they are buried in st marys church cant find there graves  it doesnt seem they were married at st marys

please help
regards
Allan

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
Re: groom family
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:46:09 am »
Have you contacted St Mary's Church?  The contact details should be on www.StMarysNorthMymms.org.uk.

Another source should be the Herts Archives and Local Studies at Herts County Council, County Hall, Hertford.  Their website is www.hertsdirect.org/hals.  I have been there recently digging out some history for the 2009 Parish Council calendar (now on sale) and they were very helpful.

Offline Ferdie

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • BP born and bred
Re: groom family
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:13:48 am »
Only the current registers (Baptisms from March 1980; Weddings from January 1999, Burials from March 1984 and services from July 1996) are stored at the Church. All previous church registers, and parish magazines, are stored at the Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8EJ (01992) 555105, to ensure they are adequately preserved.

Tags: