Author Topic: Welywn Hatfield Forum?  (Read 3167 times)

Offline AK

• Opinions on some things
Welywn Hatfield Forum?
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:14:44 pm »
In doing a quick Google search for more information on a recent BP Forum topic (my search was "travellers A414"), I stumbled upon a link to what I presume is Grant Shapps home page (www.shapps.com). It had a forum (http://www.shapps.com/forum) that appears to be (nearly) identical in both form and function to the BP Forum, but goes under the name of the Welwyn Hatfield Forum.

It looks brand new, with the inaugural posting on 31 Dec 2007. Obviously the same software package is being used, but is there any other connection between the two forums? Or has one of you IT gurus been moonlighting?

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: Welywn Hatfield Forum?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:46:49 pm »
It looks brand new, with the inaugural posting on 31 Dec 2007. Obviously the same software package is being used, but is there any other connection between the two forums? Or has one of you IT gurus been moonlighting?

It has certainly been going longer than that - I can remember posting on it around 2006! Aside from the fact that we are both providing opportunities for local people to discuss issues, there is no other real link between us. The registration agreements for each forum are certainly different about what is and isn't allowed.

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Peter Hastings

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Welywn Hatfield Forum?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:56:32 am »
I think you will find the WH Forum which has been around well over  a year is based very much on Grant's impression of this site which should be a compliment to those who run our Forum.

It is moderated by Grant and others and it does have very different rules on what can be said. For example whilst discussion on the recent bye election was strictly limited here whilst the election was going on, people said  a great deal very politically on the WH site.

Obviously the WH site covers a wider area and sometimes this is useful-for example the fuss over the RVC parking in Hawkshead Lane has made a stir there so now the whole borough is aware of it.

it also shows what is going on elsewhere, lots on the questions of parking by UH students for example, the Hatfield town centre, bickering between hatfield and WGC etc.

Tags: