Author Topic: Assault in Welham Green  (Read 2066 times)

Offline brookmans.com tech support

• Administrator
  • Opinions on some things
  • James Bentall
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Assault in Welham Green
« on: January 25, 2008, 03:57:45 pm »
Press release from Herts Constabulary:

POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses following an assault in Welham Green on Tuesday, January 15.

The incident took place at around 4pm at Knolles Crescent as a 46-year-old man was driving a cream VW Beetle from Colney Heath towards Welham Green. Two males on two mopeds rode close to his vehicle, so the victim let them pass, but as they did, it is believed they kicked his vehicle. The victim then stopped his vehicle in the road to approach the offenders, and following a verbal altercation, the victim was assaulted, sustaining swelling and a cut to his face.

The first offender is described as a young male, wearing a dark blue Puffa jacket, dark blue Adidas track suit bottoms and tan brown boots. He was wearing a helmet throughout the incident. He was driving a blue moped.

There is no description of the second offender.

PC Jo Stagg is investigating and said: “This incident caused the road to be blocked and there must have been people who saw it take place. I would ask these people and anyone else with information to come forward and help us with our inquiries.”

If anyone does have any information, then please contact PC Stagg on 01707 638129 or alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. You do not have to give your name and you could be entitled to a cash reward.
Brookmans Park Community Website - content created by the community for the community

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Assault in Welham Green
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 05:00:42 pm »
Why has it taken 10 days for this to be reported ?

If witnesses are sought then its unlikely any casual observers will have an accurate recollection after 10 days.

Offline brookmans.com tech support

• Administrator
  • Opinions on some things
  • James Bentall
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: Assault in Welham Green
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:24:24 pm »
Um. My apologies. The press release is a couple of days old. Dave is normally fairly good at whacking them straight up on to the site. Unfortunately it's been a fairly busy week for me so I had only just got around to it...

James
Brookmans Park Community Website - content created by the community for the community

Tags: