Author Topic: Embleton and Elliss  (Read 21466 times)

Offline rainbow

• Opinions on some things
Embleton and Elliss
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:38:28 pm »
its a long time since i lived in brookmans park, i'm married with 3 grown up kids and live back up in north wales, i look on this site often to see if  any of my old friends are on it, i'll give you a clue as to who i am, i was 17 when we arrived in BP had dark hair, my sister married a guy from BP and what ever happened to dan the dentist, past through about 2yrs ago no pub open so did not stop the village was like a ghost town, anyway you probably don't remember me.
P.S. i remember your dad having a huge big car but can't remember the make.

Offline collie

Re: Embleton and Elliss
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:36:39 pm »
I know one of the people you are enquiring about well and having spoken to him he is mystified as to who you are and why you're not identifying yourself..........you seem to want to hide your identity, is that something you wish to keep secret or perhaps you would like to be more open as to who you are and then I can put you in contact? Following an incident you may well remember, associated with the hotel, you'll understand their reluctance to respond

Offline collie

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:10 pm »
Think I may know who you are, PM me

Offline collie

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:55:57 pm »
posting so can use PM

Offline collie

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:41 pm »
....and again, sorry, done now!

Offline rainbow

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:50:22 pm »
 :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: hello whoever you are if you think you know who i am put a name to your guess another blast from the past was a lad called bob keens and what happened to all the bikers that used the public bar, which person do you know peter or roger? i may know you if you used the brooky's in the early 70's.

Offline collie

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:56:51 pm »
I know Roger well, he says who else did you know from the brooky's and which school did you go to? Why are you being so secret about identifying yourself? Did you used to play football at Gobion's? How else can you identify yourself so we know who you are? Look forward to your reply!

Offline stevea

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 05:20:00 am »
I'm not sure who any of you are (!) but would the 'incident' in the Brookies by any chance have involved someone with the initials of 'JA'?  :icon_scratch:

Offline rainbow

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 10:51:22 pm »
 :-X hello collie, ask roger to cast his mind back to 1970 a disco in the brooky's, at the end roger decided to walk home i don't know who did it but he was beaten up, i was17 at the time and i did play football at gobians but not often coz i got two left feet, we used to drink in the cock of the north sometimes also peter and me would go to a pub in london colney, David court ex gunners had the bakery at that time also peter started supporting the arsenal instead of leeds utd, One clue i did live in the brooky's :)

Offline rainbow

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 04:14:55 pm »
collie,
          my mother was margret owen her husband was eddie, they ran the brooky's for a while, roger should know who i am if you give him this info, peter worked in lewis's in oxford street, no idea what he's doin now is he still in peplin's way? :icon_scratch:

Offline collie

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 04:04:36 pm »
surprise surprise, collie is actually me, Roger Ellis. My memory has not improved with age, alot of everything you talk about I remember, but sadly your name escapes me, I give up! Look forward to you revealing your name

Offline rainbow

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 08:46:18 am »
 ;)hello roger,
                     how are you,   38years since i lived in brookmans park my mum ran the pub with eddy owen, i live up in north wales now and i'm married with three grown up kids, i spent 30 of those years workin in hotpoint, i took the money and ran when they were cutting jobs so now i am doing gardening, my sister gill mentioned a name from the past (hilary tucker) do you remember her? any news on peter or has he gone to ground, i was looking on the Brill web site coz thats where my other sis lives and there was a face on there very much like to one thats on this site does he have a twin? his name is david crouch.
david r.
sometimes known as david owen.

Offline collie

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 06:40:03 pm »
David, just remind me that it was you banging on the back of the police van, after the police arrested the guy who had attacked me on the disco night at the Brookmans.
Hilery Tucker I can just remember, but no idea about her or Peter now.
I have been living in Wheathamstead nr St Albans on and off for 27 years following a divorce and 2 kids now 24 & 21, am happy again with my second wife.
Have been for a drink at Brookmans couple of times with my dad recently and very impressed with the change, up market bar very smart.

Regards

Roger

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:10:53 pm by Mermaid »

Offline rainbow

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 11:38:04 am »
hi roger,
             to be honest i don't remember much of that night other than having a good time, it prob was me but as time passes things are fading fast.

Offline petrometro

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 07:16:45 am »
I always wondered whatever happened to David Owen and Peter Embleton. Peter's sister Christine was in my class at brooky primary. I haven't lived in BP since 1973 but, ironically now live with my young family about 30 minutes away. My parents still live there, 50 years next year. I think we will plant a tree on bradmore green as a result!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:06:11 pm by David Brewer »

Offline rainbow

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:45 pm »
hello petrometro,
                           As you knew myself and pete, perhaps you can put a name to petrometro  :icon_scratch:
what ever happened to Steve Lambert i think he had a bro called Bob they lived up brookmans avenue did you know them.

Offline petrometro

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 07:27:34 pm »
Bob and Steve Lambert used to live on Calder Avenue, near Graham Mackie and Ian Lewington (Lem). I always remember Bob running around the gobians football field shouting use the ball, use the ball, whilst looking like a chipmunk begging for a nut.
Whatever happened to Terry (guitar player) and John Blain who lived in Peplins Close and way respectively. ;D
what was Micheal xxx's name who married an Indian girl, lived in Bluebridge Close and had a sister called bridget?

Offline petrometro

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 07:32:02 pm »
Does Martin Chivers still own the Brookmans?

Offline petrometro

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 11:28:20 am »
Bob and Steve Lambert used to live on Calder Avenue, near Graham Mackie and Ian Lewington (Lem). I always remember Bob running around the gobians football field shouting use the ball, use the ball, whilst looking like a chipmunk begging for a nut.
Whatever happened to Terry (guitar player) and John Blain who lived in Peplins Close and way respectively. ;D
what was Micheal xxx's name who married an Indian girl, lived in Bluebridge Close and had a sister called bridget?

I'm Peter Callomon, lived on Moffats Lane with my two brothers Martin and Paul. Got mildly pixxed off as you and Pete were persistently beating me up, usually outside the offy. Thereto I left for Canada in 1973 to conquer the universe. I met a women in the Gobians Open Space last year who up until recently worked for Dean Brazier before he bogged off to Australia for a better life.

Offline Sandicrack

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 07:09:21 pm »
Rainbow, are you related to Janet Owen?  I used to go Brookmans Park Primary with her. We played shops in the pub when it was closed, and made salad cream sandwiches in the big kitchen at the back!!  Would love to touch base with her again.

Tags: