Author Topic: HD Brooky Park  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
HD Brooky Park
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:59:01 am »
It seems the Brookmans Park Transmission Station is a major player in the delivery of HD (high definition) TV.

GlobeCast receives LUXE.TVís HD feed at its London/Brookmans Park teleport where it is re-encoded for uplink to Skyís bouquet on the Eurobird satellite.

The optimised signal allows subscribers to receive the channel in MPEG 4 and with Dolby Surround 5.1. To maximise LUXE.TVís potential viewing audience, GlobeCast is also duplicating the feed and converting it into SD.

Click here for more.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
Re: HD Brooky Park
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 11:14:45 am »
Chambers Dictionary says a 'bouquet' is bunch of flowers, the perfume given off by wine, a compliment or praise.

Looks like I need a new dictionary because this use of the word is beyond my simple mind.  Or do they simply mean that Sky will be broadcasting more channels via this satellite?  How mangled can our poor language get?

And to think that I can see a 'teleport' from where I live. A new talking point for whenever conversation gets a bit dull.  Maybe one day we can be 'teleported' to our holiday destination instead of enduring the miseries of Heathrow etc.  A quick trip up the road to the teleport and, before you know it, you are in Florida or wherever you want to go.  Beam me up Scottie!

Tags: