Author Topic: House for Sale in Brookmans Park  (Read 4316 times)

Phil_Holm

House for Sale in Brookmans Park
« on: March 24, 2003, 04:17:42 pm »
3 Bed Semi Close to the School.

I see the first house is for sale via the web page.

Does this mark a new turning point for the webpage?

Does anybody think this is going to work or are there too few viewers of the site?

I'd be interested to know whether there has been much interest

Offline anna

• Opinions on many things
Re: House for Sale in Brookmans Park
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 06:51:18 pm »
Well talking from experience as someone who has managed to sell my house privately, I couldn't recommend it more. Sorry to all those agents out there. But, I've had no agent fees, which suited both buyer and seller, I'm much rather take a slightly lower offer and the money is all mine rather than having to share it with an agent! Communication between myself and the seller has been easy and friendly, with no problems or hic-ups.....

Perhaps this is a good thing.........why not try selling a house on our local website.....lets wait and see.

But out of interest do many people look at the advert section.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 03:11:23 pm »
I do! My son has bought some PS2 games from the site and is delighted with his bargains!

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 03:28:49 pm »
I've brought the mouse that I'm currently using through it, and I know of people who have brought other things as well. I'm not sure how many people look at it compared with the forum, but the latest 3 are fairly visible on the front page, so I guess most visitors to the site see it!

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 04:34:14 pm »
Dear James,
my cat does not read the advert section, but it still got a mouse at 3-42 am Sunday, however I cannot see which port to instal it in.
A sad attempt at humour, from a tragic "tail"
regards,
jet

Offline MC

• Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 04:20:38 pm »
Speaking as someone with a direct knowledge of this house sale situation I'm afraid I have to advise that this method of sale is not effective.

Given we know houses are still selling fairly quickly via the estate agents I can only think of two reasons for this :
- primarily people looking to buy houses in BP aren't looking at this web-site
- not very many other people, either local or outside BP,  look at the site and therefore the word of mouth effect is extremely small

Offline MC

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 04:03:14 pm »
Does anybody else have any experience of this?

Offline anna

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 04:08:39 pm »
I don't know if Loot still do it, but you used to be able to sell though them and the'd give you a bored to put outside the house as well. We did try selling our last house privately, and found lots of websites. We had quite a few enquiries through Loot and Internet, and nearly did sell but then they pulled out last minute and we ended up selling through an agent. I guess it really depends on how quickly you need to sell!

Offline MC

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2003, 12:18:12 am »
I'm not sure about personal boards outside the house because there might be undesirable implications. Likewise I just don't know that many people looking for a house in BP are going to be using Loot.

I do believe there are a lot of folks in outer North London looking to come to BP - you only have to look at where the removal vans come from to see the truth in this. But progress suggests they aren't looking at this web-site !!

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2003, 12:50:01 am »
Dear MC,
Ever thought of investing in a series of private adverts in the local advertiser ( like the EAs do).
Its where a lot of people look (well I did) to get an idea of whats on offer in the locality that they are looking at.
Regards,
jet

Phil_Holm

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2003, 04:30:03 pm »
Personally I would put a board up.  I appreciate your point about undesirable implications, but do you really believe that this sort of potential problem would be ruled out in going through an estate agent.

Agreed it may be reduced, if you go through an estate agent, but that's the price you have to pay if you sell privately.  Wherever you advertise the house privately for sale, you will face this problem.  I thought that you had accepted this point when reaching your decision to sell it privately.

Phil

Tags: