Author Topic: Help Andri Trek China  (Read 3251 times)

Offline andrirauber

• Opinions on a couple of things
Help Andri Trek China
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:01:17 pm »
Hi

My name is Andri Rauber. Later this year (October) I will be trekking along the Great Wall of China in aid of Age Concern. Although I may be fairly young (22years) and relatively fit, Trek China will still be an enormous challenge. Seven consecutive days will be spent trekking the wall, spanning approximately 85 miles, along with a team of other fundraisers, including my girlfriend.

Whereas I have the support of friends and family around me, thousands of elderly men and women do not. As much as 80% of women aged 85 and over are widows, and along with others, feel isolated and incapable in later life.

By accomplishing Trek China and raising 2500+, several lives can be changed for the better.

Now is the time where I really need the support, however. This is a large total, so any donations you do make will be extremely valuable to the cause and much appreciated by myself and the charity.

This can be made either by visiting the secure site below;

www.justgiving.com/trektrip

or by donating whatever you may have in person (I live in Brookmans park). Thank you very much!  :) :) :)

Andri Rauber

Offline Laurel

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Help Andri Trek China
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:56:28 am »
Hi there,

My name is Laurel Smithson, and I am a reporter on the Welwyn and Hatfield Times. I would very much like to run a piece about your charity trek in the paper.

If you are interested, please give me a call at the paper on 01707 327551.

Kind Regards

Laurel Smithson

Tags: