Author Topic: Freecycle  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
Freecycle
« on: June 19, 2007, 10:02:06 am »

For those who may not have come across this before, Freecycle is "a non-profit organisation and a movement of people interested in keeping good stuff out of landfills". It is international, but we have 425 groups in the UK, many of which are in Herts.

Simply, if you have something that you don't want any more, can't be bothered or don't have the time to sell it and the Charity shops can't take it, rather than send it off to the dump or put it in the bin, offer it on freecycle - somebody may be very grateful to have it.

Our closest group is Welwyn Garden City and their 'patch' stretches to Potters Bar. I am having great fun clearing my garage and loft of things I couldn't bear to throw away, but will never use again, knowing that they're going to have a new lease of life.

See here     www.freecycle.org/uk

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
Re: Freecycle
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:09:56 am »
I thought it was a good idea to remind people about Freecycle (now called Freegle)

I met David a few weeks ago and mentioned it to him while we were chatting.

So if you don't have any luck with giving things away on this site - then do give it a go as so much better than things going to the tip.  If you are not sure of anything - Mermaid is an 'expert'   ;) :)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WelwynGardenCityFreegle/

... for the local group

Tags: