Author Topic: Driving and using a mobile  (Read 20488 times)

Offline Conor

• Opinions on some things
Re: Driving and using a mobile
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 06:28:29 pm »
You have the power today to influence what the police choose to do in the future. Have you voted?

You have the power to set the local police priorities - they choose and publish on their website areas they are currently focussing on, which I believe are set by the local residents and the amount of calls they get on certain subjects. For Brookmans Park current priorities see

http://snt.herts.police.uk/aCMS/team.php?nptID=79#priorities

If you are not happy with them, why not contact them and ask them to change?

Conor

Online larrylamb

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 07:05:43 pm »
You have the power today to influence what the police choose to do in the future. Have you voted?

You have the power to set the local police priorities - they choose and publish on their website areas they are currently focussing on, which I believe are set by the local residents and the amount of calls they get on certain subjects. For Brookmans Park current priorities see

Conor
sent you a pm

Offline Peeplins

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 12:39:44 am »

Conor

Interesting link Conor, however can't say I've noticed Police stepping up patrols to combat poor parking around local schools or any targeting those that park on junction corners etc!  Never a police officer or car around at school drop off / pick up, however have noticed patrols at other times of day and at weekends!

Offline Bedlam

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »

Interesting link Conor, however can't say I've noticed Police stepping up patrols to combat poor parking around local schools or any targeting those that park on junction corners etc!  Never a police officer or car around at school drop off / pick up, however have noticed patrols at other times of day and at weekends!

Agreed.

Gotta say the Police may have more important issues to deal with but every day the ramps provided for disabled wheelchairs/scooters at the junction of Holloways Lane and Dixons Hill Road in Welham Green are blocked by commuter's cars. I believe zero tolerance works, getting away with one offence leads to a bigger one.
The WelHat Parking brigade never ever issue parking tickets to these offenders, they prefer to sniff around back streets and cul de sacs in Brookmans Park where in fact their targets are not really causing any harm to anyone. These inept Welhat operatives are so short of brain cells that they do not realiise their shortcomings, and would not even realise them if they were smacked in the face by them with a shovel.
Pay peanuts and you get monkeys, albeit they generate the Welhat Council at least 10 fold of their earnings a day. Forget Bali etc, Fair Trade should investigate their exploitation!! A nice little earner innit Rodney, cushtey for WelHat!

Online larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2016, 01:13:13 pm »
Despite all the publicity with the truck driver receiving ten years for killing three people whilst using his hand held device, I noted nine vehicles traveling on GWR today, six of the vehicles were being driven by people using their phones, three with young children in the car!

Offline Red-Point

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • CAA Certified Aerial Photography & Videography
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2016, 03:04:10 pm »
It seems ironic that many offenders are driving somewhat expensive cars yet they can't fork out 15 for a simple hands-free kit.

Offline Bob

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2016, 10:55:30 pm »
It seems ironic that many offenders are driving somewhat expensive cars yet they can't fork out 15 for a simple hands-free kit.
Most modern cars will have bluetooth technology already built in !!!!!!!!!!!! the mind boggles
Bob

Offline Red-Point

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • CAA Certified Aerial Photography & Videography
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 01:37:19 am »

Points for first offence ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37917087

Online larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2016, 02:31:27 pm »
One of many texting whilst in charge of a motor vehicle this morning in GWR.

Online larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 06:43:49 pm »
Observed a female in a black 4x4 tailgating an ambulance whilst texting in GWR this morning - is it that people dont care or just too stupid to understand consequences.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 06:55:30 pm »
is it that people dont care or just to stupid to understand consequences.

Bit of both, I think, with the addition of a massive dollop of arrogance. I have seen several cases of people fiddling with their phones while driving. Not sure whether they are tapping in a number or texting, but, whatever they are doing, driving safely is not their priority.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Nimbus

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 10:46:41 pm »
I'm sure it doesn't help that most modern cars are sold with an implied conferral of invincibility. Certainly, they make me nervous as a pedestrian.

Tags: