Author Topic: Tree planting  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Tree planting
« on: February 23, 2003, 09:54:45 pm »
Great to see so many volunteers, particularly some new to the area, turning out to plant the avenue of trees in Gobions today. Click here for details. It was hard work but great fun.
Click here for a picture gallery
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline crazymonkey

• Opinions on some things
  • Eat bananas
Re: Tree planting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 08:56:50 pm »
The trees look great they make a beautiful adition to the leech-fields ;D
Go through with the nasty things then enjoy the good.

Offline Carolyn

• Opinions on some things
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 01:07:20 am »
I think this is a great idea and I wish it success.  But a word of warning - keep an eye on your trees.  About 2 years ago a group of local mums organised the planting of 3 sapplings near the playground in Gobions so that they would eventually provide some shade.  Within 2 weeks one tree was dead and the other two had been vandalised beyond saving.  It seemed such a waste of effort (and money) - we had tried, with help on the planting side from the local authority, to do something positive for the future only to have it ruined by the very people who would probably have got most benefit - the future local parents. [Assumption here that the vandals were local youth.]  

I wish you much better success with this venture.
ex resident - now living in New Zealand

Offline NZer

• Opinions on many things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 11:15:46 pm »
We walked down to see the new planting yesterday (and also discovered where the Leach fields were!).  The planting looks great and should form a super avenue as they grow.

Tags: