Author Topic: Debs climbs Kili for Kids  (Read 3156 times)

dchearnden

Debs climbs Kili for Kids
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:53:05 pm »
In July 2007 I am going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro for kids in Africa.

The charity is called coco (www.coco.org.uk) and it aims to help the lives of vulnerable children affected by poverty, war, illness and disease.  The plan is to raise 2,000 through fund-raising and sponsorship which will go towards allowing these children to have a brighter future. 

After a 6 day trek, climbing the world's highest freestanding mountain, we will get the opportunity to visit the villages where our money will be put towards good use.  The money raised will fund projects to provide shelter and homes for orphans and single parent families, it will also help provide a better education system and safety and awareness so that the children do not feel they have to turn to drugs or prostitution to survive.  I believe it is a really worthwhile challenge and am really excited to be getting involved with this charity.

I would really appreciate any donations you can spare and if you would like to help me get above and beyond the required amount then please visit my site at justgiving:

http://www.justgiving.com/debbiehearnden

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas

Debbie

Offline Laurel

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Debs climbs Kili for Kids
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 03:45:08 pm »
Hi,

My name is Laurel and I am a reporter on the Welwyn and Hatfield Times. I am guessing you either live or work locally to be using this site. Just wondering if you wanted to talk to us about your expedition!?

It would make an interesting story and possibly get more people sponsoring you, publicity etc.

Do let me know!

The newspaper number is 01707 327 551.

Best Wishes

Laurel  :)

Tags: