Author Topic: House used in Filming  (Read 3303 times)

jurgens

House used in Filming
« on: December 23, 2002, 05:27:52 pm »
Does anyone recognise the house in the attached photo?  It was used in the filming of the 60s TV series 'Randall & Hopkirk (deceased)' and we are pretty sure it is located somewhere in the North Mymms/Brookmans Park area.

Joan

Parsley

Re: House used in Filming
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 01:16:35 pm »
Dear Joan,

I've been asked to reply to your mail, as I am one of those 'unfortunate' people obsessed with TV trivia, particularly from the 60's.

The most comprehensive guide to this kind of location is the Avengerland book, now online at http://theavengers.tv/avengerland/

It does have several pictures, although I'm afraid I've been unsuccessful at finding one to match yours as yet. Locations in North Mymms are at this address
http://theavengers.tv/avengerland/k.htm

Whilst I'm on, I'll take the opportunity to plug my band 'The Adventures of Parsley', performing 60's and 70's TV Themes, including 'Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)'. We are available for parties etc. at modest rates, and can be contacted via my email or my web site at www.gardenrecords.com.

Cheers,

Parsley

jurgens

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2002, 08:17:53 pm »
Hello Parsley

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know the Avengerland site well.  This location is a toughy I'm afraid.  Several people have been looking for it for quite a long time.  

We believe it to be in the North Mymms/Brookmans Park area but it's possible the house was demolished when the A1 was extended.

However, thank you once again, any pointers are much appreciated.

Joan

Offline Neville Hobbs

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2003, 10:02:19 pm »
Over the past 22 years I have been in most of the local houses, but I do not recognise it at all. Sorry.

Offline The Orange Llama

• Opinions on some things
  • There's only one orange llama....
    • See where I live
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 12:54:22 am »
Over the past 22 years I have been in most of the local houses

For those of you that are unaware, Neville is an Estate Agent and not a burglar, so was in the houses legally  ;D

Sincerely Yours,

OL
The Orange Llama - looking at life from an alternative viewpoint since 1902

Tags: