Author Topic: GEORGES WOOD ROAD  (Read 224 times)

Offline Therock

• Opinions on many things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
GEORGES WOOD ROAD
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:06:15 am »
Hi, I would just like to know if I am able to walk on residents Grass/hedge/driveway to avoid Mad Fast car/van drivers whilst walking down or up Georges Wood Road.?????
Some of the residents are lovely and smile at you but some of the Miserable pillocks give you dirty looks, especially down the start of the hill on the even numbers . Get a life
not try and take one. Its ONLY GRASS and CONCRETE!

Offline Anon

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
Re: GEORGES WOOD ROAD
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 03:22:08 pm »
The verges along Georges Wood Road are part otf the public highway. You can verify this by asking Highways at Hertfordshire County Council.

The following users thanked this post: Therock

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:54:39 pm »
Who responds to the risk of liability in event someone slips on wet grass verge, is it the owner of the land, those responsible for maintaining the verge or the council who give right of way? The council could reasonably argue the verges are not pavements, those who maintain cannot be held to account for wet grass and the owners of the land may say we have no control measures to mitigate risk that is for those who administer right of way. so who is negligent?

My advice would be to continue to using the carriageway itself, a reasonably competent driver should make themselves aware of the road signage that clearly states the carriageway is shared with pedestrians, that way if you are involved in a incident your much more likely to prove negligence against the driver.

Offline Therock

• Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 06:05:06 pm »
Trouble is My Friend! If you had a accident with a car/van/bike they are always going to fast, so you have no chance to catch them.
And to try and get a case against the Local Authority is like trying to get a Traveller a job as a Police Officer! it just does not happen.
I was walking down GWR a couple of weeks ago and was nearly run over by a White Van Man who must have been in a Hurry.
I lost my jumper which was round my waist, so if anybody finds a jumper with Fish embroidered on it please let me know.

In the meantime I have decided to abandon GWR and go down Mymms Drive, they seem more happier down there!

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:47:35 pm »
Mymms drive is that much wider than GWR to accommodate those that wear several jumpers -good call.

However I would still say it is safer walking on the carriageway rather than homeowners hedges in GWR, I imagine that would take some skill only achievable by someone young and svelte.  ;)

Tags: