Author Topic: Jubilee Plaque  (Read 2918 times)

Offline The Orange Llama

• Opinions on some things
  • There's only one orange llama....
    • See where I live
Jubilee Plaque
« on: December 04, 2002, 03:27:25 pm »
Haven't been around for a while as I went on holiday to see my Auntie in Tibet.

However now that I'm back....  ;D

Just wondering the wisdom of putting a fragile looking tree and plaque on the green in Welham Green. I'll give it about 6 days before it's vandalised - like most of the other stuff around that area like the bus shelter and bench have been in the past.

Hoping I'm proved wrong, but suspecting I won't be   :(

Sincerely Yours,

OL
The Orange Llama - looking at life from an alternative viewpoint since 1902

John_fraser

Re: Jubilee Plaque
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 08:57:01 pm »
and if it isn't  vandalised the royals will probably flog it off on the QT for some pocket change  ;)

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
Re: Jubilee Plaque
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 02:56:49 pm »
Sorry,OL and John, to disappoint you  but the tree was planted earlier this year and is still there.  Have faith! It suffered, along with other plantlife, because of the strange weather in early summer just after it was planted.  However it has been checked as OK by the nursery who have guaranteed it, so if it dies they will replace it.  The plaque took longer to organise which is why the photo shoot has only just taken place.
The Royals do not own it so they cannot flog it off!  It came out of the Council Tax that you pay to the Parish Council, together with the 850 Jubilee mugs presented to children at the three primary schools - St Marys Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Little Heath (the latter coming 5th in Herts in the recent primary school league tables - well done!).  Just two of the little things done by the Parish Council to make life a bit more pleasant in the area.
Bob Horrocks, Parish Councillor  

Tags: