Author Topic: Community Centre  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Ferdie

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • BP born and bred
Community Centre
« on: February 12, 2002, 12:09:03 am »
Is there anyone in the village or nearby that would like to help keep your youth and community centre operational? The Centre, in Station Road is a well used facility for Brookmans Park and Welham Green. It is run as a registered charity, by villagers, for villagers, but it needs new volunteers to keep it going.

Once a month for a couple of hours a management committee meets and plans activities that take place in the centre and the day to day needs of running the centre, from fabric to lettings. It needs 'new blood' and new ideas to maximise the Centre's potential and ensure that it's lease is extended beyond its renewal date of 2003. The Centre belongs to the village and the maxim applies, use it or lose it! So if you can get involved or just want more info, get in touch.. please!

@ 1.4.02 there has been 1 additional comment, but no response to appeal, but message viewed on 43 occasions. Also, an article in the Wewyn Hatfield Times resulted in zero response. Please, this is your Centre. Does the village want the Community Centre? Hundreds of people raised money for it 30 years ago. Some may remember the 'thermometer' on the Village Green showing how much had been raised. Local people designed it, helped to build it and ever since have been involved in maintaining it and running it. Thousands have used it, but when it's gone, it's gone! Come on Brookmans Park!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 09:43:38 am by admin »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Community Centre
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2002, 10:45:17 pm »
All these posts about somewhere for young people to go reminded me of this post from a month ago. I suppose volunteers are what the Youth Centre needs. Is there anyone able to spare the time...that is probably a key issue.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2002, 10:50:23 pm by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

scykotik

Re: Community Centre
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 11:17:09 pm »
i would raise cash and stuf for a youth/community centre, i been told theres one in the church but by the sound of it, it aint any gd. wat we need is a new buildin, or just somethin original, somewhere which would keep us off the streets.

any1 got any ideas?!?!?!

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 01:47:38 am »
Scykotik - the Youth and Community Centre is fine as a building (in my humble opinion) - the thing that is missing is volunteers to staff it so it can be open for teenagers to use it!

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

scykotik

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2002, 08:12:37 pm »
fine, if u see it as alrite, i kinda missd the point of the forum  :D

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2002, 08:53:12 pm »
According to Martin Ferdinando of the North Mymms Community Centre, fresh efforts are underway to try to improve facilities for young people in the area. The development follows a meeting of the local Youth Liaison Group where young people, community leaders and volunteers, and the police, met to discuss a host of new ideas - many brought to the meeting by the teenagers themselves.  Click here for more details.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 09:05:18 pm by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 05:54:15 am »
There is a fresh report on the site's front page about increased activities at the North Mymms Youth and Community Centre. Click here for more details.

Tags: